[CLUE-Tech] Font color for links: variations of a theme

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Tue Jun 19 23:38:09 MDT 2001

Joe,

Sure, I'd like to see it.  Currently, I've just got a static site that
I'm working on because my hosting ISP doesn't do PHP, at least not now.
I'll be looking sometime really soon after I "go live" with the static
stuff to do more, but it'll have to be based on feedback from my
"customers" such as you, others, and new people.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Kevin Cullis wrote:
>
> > Jeff, Zonker, and Grant,
> >
> > Thanks for the input and advice.  I've got to walk before I can run, but
> > it's been interesting learning this stuff.  Now I want to "automate" it
> > to make it easier to make changes. I've been using Bluefish, but haven't
> > got to the IDE (I think) yet. I'm working on it though.
>
> How do you mean "automate"? Bluefish has some decent features, but it
> seems that it's very unstable - I might just have tried it at bad
> stages of its development, though...

I'm using 0.6 at the moment and if rarely crashes, but it does.  I've
downloaded the quanta and I'll check it out tomorrow on GNOME.

> Another recommendation while I'm thinking about it - if you are trying
> to develop consistent styles across an entire site, you might want
> to create stylesheets for the whole site and just use an include. I
> add a header and footer to every page using PHP, which makes updating
> things much easier...

Absolutely!! Not only consistency with color schemes, but links as well
of the "menu" system which I'm hating editing by hand and need to
"automate" like crazy.  But then, all of us new HTML people don't know
the tricks you do, yet.

> If you've got PHP it's as easy as
> <?
> include("include/header.css")
> ?>
>
> If you want an example stylesheet, I'd be happy to send mine.

Thanks for the help.  You can get a taste of what I'm doing at my site:
http://www.linuxloc.com  Any suggestions?

Kevin