[CLUE-Tech] Font color for links: variations of a theme

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 23:09:02 MDT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> Jeff, Zonker, and Grant,
>
> Thanks for the input and advice.  I've got to walk before I can run, but
> it's been interesting learning this stuff.  Now I want to "automate" it
> to make it easier to make changes. I've been using Bluefish, but haven't
> got to the IDE (I think) yet. I'm working on it though.

How do you mean "automate"? Bluefish has some decent features, but it
seems that it's very unstable - I might just have tried it at bad
stages of its development, though...

Another recommendation while I'm thinking about it - if you are trying
to develop consistent styles across an entire site, you might want
to create stylesheets for the whole site and just use an include. I
add a header and footer to every page using PHP, which makes updating
things much easier...

If you've got PHP it's as easy as
<?
include("include/header.css")
?>

If you want an example stylesheet, I'd be happy to send mine.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/