[CLUE-Tech] Redhat7.1 and Xircom Realport 10/100 card

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Wed Jun 27 20:52:58 MDT 2001

This is the same problem I had with RedHat 7.0 & 7.1.  My linksys 10/100
NIC wasn't default discovered under kernel 2.2 and I had to download the
pcmcia-cs package and netdrivers package and recompile those modules.

Didn't have to recompile the kernel.  Just added in the modules for my
NIC and then configured modules.conf to load the tulip driver.

Might be something you have to look at.

FYI:  You don't have to reboot to reload the Network stuff.. Just go
into /etc/init.d as root and run ./network stop and then ./network
start.  Save you a ton of time getting the NIC up and running.

ian