[CLUE-Tech] SSI Commands

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Fri Jun 29 16:00:08 MDT 2001

They also work well for adding dynamically created menus to a site.
Throw a little logic into the menu (if I'm on this page - don't make it
a link - otherwise - make it a link) and you'll only ever have to update
one menu file for your entire site (depending upon how your site is laid
out of course).

Example:  http://www.hikingincolorado.org/linklist.html

Look for the menu - upper left - all of the pages in that site - except
for the main index.html page - use only one menu file {that's why I took
you in that way - to see the menu and not the main entry/portal-like
page).

Note:  I've got Apache set up to parse .html for SSI - hence the lack of
.shtml.

Steve

> > I use them a lot.  They are great.  What do you want to know?  Or was that
> > just a comment about how incredibly useful they are.
>
> Since you're more of an expert, how do you use them?  Initially, I'm
> thinking just the header and footers of each page, but you've probably
> applied it elsewhere.  So tell me, in what cases do you use them?
>
> Kevin

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW
    Web Site Design, Development, and More!