[CLUE-Tech] SMTPD help?

Tim Russell tim.russell at ilg.com
Thu Mar 8 15:35:42 MST 2001

Well, I thought you might be on the right track here, but the program itself
is doing the chroot after it loads, so I think that the libraries are
already loaded by that point.  Additionally I recompiled the program in
question with a -static so that all the libraries it uses are compiled in,
and that didn't do it.

So the upshot is, I don't think this is a shared lib problem - in fact,
wouldn't the whole thing just blow up if I used a libresolv call and the
library couldn't load?  I'm not positive but I don't think I'd get a null
return value, I think it would exit with an error.

Still looks like a missing config file in the chroot jail somewhere, but I
sure can't find it documented anywhere!

Thanks for the help so far!
Tim