[CLUE-Tech] Booting to XDM Red Hat?

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Sat Mar 10 09:50:28 MST 2001

> > Greetings.
> >
> > In Slackware, to change the default run level, you can edit the
> /etc/inittab
> > file:
> >
> > # Default runlevel. (Do not set to 0 or 6)
> > #id:3:initdefault:
> > id:4:initdefault:
> >
> > Is this the same procedure for Red Hat?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jeff

It is, I think, runlevel 5 in Red Hat, but to be sure, if the comments
in inittab do not say, is to check the rc#.d directories to be sure,
looking for the xdm, gdm, or kdm daemon start script.  You can test out
the different runlevels, as root type init 3 or whatever.  When you find
the one you want, set it as the default.