[CLUE-Tech] Booting to XDM Red Hat?

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Sat Mar 10 11:32:05 MST 2001

You are correct.  It is init level 5 for Red Hat 7.0 at least.

Check out the /etc/inittab.

There is a line in the inittab that directly relates to respawning xdm.  Don't change that one.

In the RedHat scripts if you want to change to kdm or xdm or gdm go in and edit the
/etc/sysconfig/desktop file and change it to KDE (kdm) or GNOME (gdm).

The next reboot will do it then.

ian