[CLUE-Tech] enabling ftp

Cyberclops Cyberclops at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 17:33:20 MST 2001

I just attended a Linux club meeting on security last night and what you
want to do isn't really recommended at least from my understanding of
the presentation.  It soulds like you might need a firewall for the
firewall.  For one thing according to the presentation when you ftp into
your box, your password will be sent in plain text and can be
intercepted.  Therefore I conjecture that reason you can't get in to
your own site is because your firewall is doing a good job.