[CLUE-Tech] who attacked me?

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Tue Mar 20 15:58:40 MST 2001

While I was at school, the system apparently was attacked.  The
logs indicate an "attack alert" on port 111 from 211.36.203.30

Now how do I find out who has that address.  I don't want to
try to go there with a browser since that will indicate that I
am here and right now the machine has switched to cloaked
mode from that IP address.  I don't even want to traceroute to it,
or do I?  How do you lookup a name from an IP address?
I'm just curious who this was.

As far as I can tell, the firewall worked fine.  Then again, how
can I be sure?

Roger Frank