[CLUE-Tech] who attacked me?

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Tue Mar 20 16:51:51 MST 2001

What makes you say you were attacked?

If you are on the open net, have a cable modem/dsl/broadband type of connection,
and have your machine on; you will most likely be probed.

That's significantly different from truly being attacked.

The only way to be very sure is to have some kind of IDS system.
(Intrusion Detection System) One of these is tripwire.  Any IDS system
can verify that system files have not been changed without your permission.

ian