[CLUE-Tech] IDSL (was Of Security and Firewalls..)

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Thu Mar 22 09:30:01 MST 2001

One of the fixes too (as I had that same problem) is that the first group
of cable modems were crap.  Was when they firware upgraded the router.

There was large amounts of problems with the first modems not being
properly DOCSIS compliant and as such when the firware was upgraded
to be "more" DOCSIS compliant many of the original modems broke.

It was only when they got to true DOCSIS on the routers and gave me a
properly flashed cable modem when my problems stopped.

ian