[CLUE-Tech] CLUE: DHCP with Cisco 675

ian iguy at ionsphere.org
Sat Mar 31 21:37:33 MST 2001

Correct.  The beauty of more advanced NIC cards and intelligent IP
stacks.

A caveat to running multiple IPs on one card is that their is
much more CPU usage as the NIC goes into PROMISCIOUS mode
which means that every packet is passed up the stack for
processing.  So if you are on a busy network you can get ALOT
of packets and that can really slow down your system.

ian