[CLUE-Tech] aic7xxx and RedHat 7.1

Ronald Brink rbrink at 3roses.d2g.com
Sun May 6 16:31:38 MDT 2001

Has anyone had problems installing 7.1 with an Adaptec AHA2940UW/W
controller?  I recently recieved 7.1 and was going to upgrade my current
7.1 version.  First the install doesn't do a GUI install - only the
character install.  It gets to "Loading aic7xxx driver..." - forever. It
never goes farther.  Interestingly,  I have 7.0 installed and have made
no (repeat NO) hardware modifications and I had no problems installing
the 7.0 version (aic7xxx).  Any ideas?  I found one site that talked
about Redhat "working" on the problem but nothing else.

Ron