[CLUE-Tech] AT&T@home and Linux Network

Joshua M. McClain tartan at mindspring.com
Wed May 9 15:26:34 MDT 2001

You've described *the* way to set it up.  :-)  (Of course, there are other
ways, but this is quite standard.)  You then get to protect your inside
network using all the ipchains firewall rules, while of course, providing
the ipmasqing for the internal pc's.

I imagine @Home wants the mac address of the pc using the cablemodem, so
just give them the external eth interface on the linux box.

Read the IP Masq faq -- it gives examples of your setup.  If you need sample
setup configs, just ask.  I'm sure numerous people on this list will
volunteer the information.

Josh McClain
92 ST185
88 ST162