[CLUE-Tech] My printer hates me

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Wed May 23 15:23:19 MDT 2001

Matt,

I had the same problem with a SuSe distro and basically did the same
troubleshooting.  What I found was that I did a ktop & in a term window
and selected the "Show Tree" of the processes and found a Ghostscript
daemon running even after I had killed off everything else, or so I
thought.  SuSe has spawned a prn process off of lpd and I didn't see it
until I did the above.  What clued me into this was Jeff Cann pointing
out that his system died and he rebooted and the system kept printing
without crashing.

Hope this helps.

Kevin