[CLUE-Tech] Fwd: voluntary blackout [thought this was a neat idea]

John Rundle jrundle at reasoninc.com
Thu May 24 11:47:36 MDT 2001

Whoa, somebody needs to relax.  While I agree that this post was not
necessarily appropriate for this mailing list, it is not going to upset
me seeing it here.  As far as taking things for granted, that is exactly
what we do with everything.  We take our technology for granted, but we
also take our environment for granted.  I believe its a great idea for
everybody to take 3 hours out of  their day to experience what its like
to live without electricity, especially if it allows them to see that
there are other things that can be just as fulfilling as watching tv or
surfing the net.  Just because our economy depends on energy doesn't
mean we shouldn't seek to conserve it, and find alternative sources of
it.

John Rundle
Software Engineer
Reason, Inc.