[CLUE-Tech] Logging into WindowsNT from a Linux machine

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Tue May 29 19:13:37 MDT 2001

I have never had the need to remote admin an nt box, but for a remote
login (save way that is) I use Putty, just do a search on google or your
favorite search engine. You can use putty to ssh into any
linux/bsd/other box running ssh daemon. quite secure with good xterm
things such as resizing the window will render correctly.

How are you trying to get root? I would suggest login as a regular user
then su to root. somewhat of a pain, but just one more barrier to
someone rooting your box.

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 08:02:30PM -0600, Mark Allen wrote:
> I'm looking for information on how to login to a WindowsNT server from a Linux machine.
>
> I'm also looking for information on how to login remotely to a linux server with root capabilities from a Windows95/98 station. I can't seem to get root access remotely.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

|Running Windows on an Athlon is like having a brand new Porsche but   |
|only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.                |