[CLUE-Tech] Logging into WindowsNT from a Linux machine

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Tue May 29 22:24:59 MDT 2001

> Mark Allen wrote:
>
> I'm looking for information on how to login to a WindowsNT server from
> a Linux machine.
>
> I'm also looking for information on how to login remotely to a linux
> server with root capabilities from a Windows95/98 station. I can't
> seem to get root access remotely.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
Remote admin on NT is VERY limited.  There is a "System Console", but it
is a windows only application, and it is very limited in functionality.
There is a telnet server, and I guess you could hand-edit the registry
in console mode, but I wouldn't want to try it.

About your only reasonable option is VNC.