[CLUE-Tech] New Red Hat install

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 1 11:33:21 MST 2001

Adolf, Michael F wrote:

> I am currently running red hat 7.0 from a second hard disk.  I want to
> install 7.2 (Workstation) over 7.0, replacing it.  I made a boot disk from
> the distribution disk.  After booting from the boot disk and selecting a
> workstation install, I arrive at the screen which asks if I want red hat to
> auto partition my disk or do I want to do it manually.  There is no
> indication of which disk it will partition.  In fact, I should not even need
> to partition since I have a second disk.  How do I make sure it is
> installing on the correct disk?

You'll need to do manual partitioning. Yes, you do need to partition as
far as the installer is concerned. If you just want to overwrite the
partitions, but keep the same scheme you had before, simply choose
manual partitioning, select the second disk and then keep the
partitions you already have.

Oh -- I believe that the new Red Hat uses Ext3 by default, not Ext2.

Good luck,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/