[CLUE-Tech] RH 7.2 DMA Woes

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 1 16:41:31 MST 2001

As I recall, with RH 7.1 dma was enabled for installation, which was not
the usual practice of other vendors at the time. This led to problems,
especially on Toshiba laptops, and RH published an article with a fix of
passing the installation program a switch to turn off dma.

Unfortunately I cannot find the article, either in my office or on the
RH website.Maybe someone reading this can remember the switch.

So perhaps the problem is not in your computer, but in the RH
installation program.

BOF