[CLUE-Tech] RH 7.2 DMA Woes

Adam_Bultman at gmx.net Adam_Bultman at gmx.net
Fri Nov 2 10:25:13 MST 2001

> You can set/unset DMA at runtime with "/sbin/hdparm" and the kernel
> parameters for DMA on IDE are described in:
>
>    /usr/src/linux-$VER/Documentation/ide.txt

Isn't there a danger of disk corruption? Does it (hdparm) speed things up
that much?

> > And, GRUB rocks for those of you who haven't tried it!

A little to "mealy" for my taste.

I'm still a fan of good ol' text based lilo.  I installed RH7.1 on one of my
machines, and I don't like the little selection screen.  When I ran
mandrake, GRUB was okay, but I'm a fan of text.

Adam Bultman

adam_bultman at bigfoot.com