[CLUE-Tech] Anyone have a good slide scanner?

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Nov 7 11:30:27 MST 2001

Well, I have a slide scanner, but it sucks!  What was I thinking when I
bought that HP PhotoSmart S20?  It requires windows to work.

What I do have, though, is a Nikon CoolPix 990 with the ES-E28 slide
copying adapter.  It makes very reasonable slide copies.  It is a 3.34
megapixel camera.  In uncompressed mode it makes 8-9 mb images, I
forget the size, but is greater than most monitors resolutions (2400 by
1700, or something like that).  For print, this will do up to about 8 x
10".  For digital only work, it is more than adequate.

I could email you some samples of slides I have copied if you would like
to see the quality.

If you have windows, I would let you borrow the HP for a while.  It does
actually do a fairly good job, I just hate the Windows only part really.
It can make up to ~20 mb pictures.

Tim