[CLUE-Tech] CD reader/writer

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Nov 25 20:34:39 MST 2001

Jason,

You do need generic scsi, etc. to *burn* cds, see the modules mentioned
in one of the other posts.  You do *not* need this stuff to use the
drive to read cds.  If the disc in question has a valid file system, the
kernel can read it without any of the scsi stuff.

What kind of cd is it?  A blank one won't mount, it has no file system.
Any chance it is ext2 or joliet?  If it were ext2, your /etc/fstab
probably is not prepared for that.  I believe that joliet would mount,
but with only limited functionality, but maybe not.  Is joliet support
compiled into your kernel?

Just some ideas, but the problem is almost certainly with the disk in
question, not ide-scsi configuration.  You will need that, but only to
burn disks.

Tim