[CLUE-Tech] CD reader/writer

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Nov 25 19:19:34 MST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 01:45:10 -0000
jason at matchingmoms.com wrote:

> I'm running RedHat 7.1.  I just installed a CD-RW.  It mounts as an
> iso9660
> device at /mnt/cdrom1.  I can mount and read ordinary CDs with this new
> device without a problem.  However, I receive this error message when
> attempting to mount a CD-R:

OK, are you certain there's content on the disk? If it's empty, then you
can't mount it. Same as not having a filesystem created on a disk
partition.

> "mount:  wrong fs type, bad option, bad super block on /dev/cdrom1, or
> too
> mnay mounted filesystems (could this be the IDE device where you in act
> use
> IDE-SCSI so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)"

Not if it's been written to with a proper filesystem, AFAIK. I believe you
can put ext2, or whatever on one, although I haven't tried it.

Have you read the CD-Writing HOWTO?
  http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

HTH.
jed
--
  If R is the set of all sets which don't contain themselves,
  does R contain itself?