[CLUE-Tech] apache + ssl + web server cluster + one domain name= nightmare

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Mon Nov 26 18:01:21 MST 2001

Dan Harris wrote:

> I just need some way to make a FREE (not trial version) certificate for
> my use..
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Here you go: http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC24

You want the items about making your own CA and a real cert.  Unfortunately this
involves running openssl from the command line.  If you get stuck, look through
the modssl mail archives - people seem to have trouble with this even though the
concepts aren't too hard.

I think this would be really cool to do (make your own CA and certs for apache),
so let me know if you want some help with the openssl stuff.