[CLUE-Tech] Problem starting secure shell on boot

Warren warren at guano.org
Mon Sep 3 01:17:31 MDT 2001

Lynn Danielson <lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:

 > One big difference between when you run a script from the console
 > and when it runs at boot time is your environment.  Check your
 > script and make sure that the commands it references...are
 > referenced by their full pathname.

That's correct.  I didn't think of that.  But, I checked the script and
the full path to sshd is referenced, /usr/local/sbin/sshd

I should add that running the script at console with the "start" flag is
NOT successful, but works with the "restart" option:

  /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd restart

 --

 </Warren W. Weiss>