[CLUE-Tech] MASSIVE UDP packets?

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 11:25:12 MDT 2001

> Um...  TCP can be broadcast as well, though perhaps it isn't as
> often.
> Things that get broadcast: arp, bootp/dhcp, maybe some netbios
> (windows)
> stuff.  UDP that isn't broadcast: dns, syslog.  Others, of course.

ARP is actually a lower level protocol, on the same level as IP, you
can't transmit something via IP until you use ARP to get the IP
address.

Brandon

From: Ann Tsai <ann at usenix.org> (by way of Jeffery Cann <jccann at home.com>)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:38:20 -0600
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us, clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] 2002 USENIX ANNUAL TECHNICAL CONFERENCE - CALL FOR PAPERS
Sender: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us

- --
ATTN:Colorado Linux Users & Enthusiasts - CLUE

Below is a conference announcement and call for papers for the 2002
USENIX Annual Technical Conference. Please let me know if you have a
more appropriate method for submitting this information.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best Regards,

Ann Tsai
Marketing Coordinator
Usenix Association
510-528-8649 x31
ann at usenix.org

2002 USENIX Annual Technical Conference
June 9-14, 2002
Monterey, CA
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix02/

The USENIX Annual Technical Conference is the core conference for the
USENIX community and a premier forum for computing professionals to
share the results of their latest and best work, develop new ideas
and solutions, and connect with their colleagues.

The 2002 Annual Technical program committee seeks original and
innovative papers about the applications, architecture,
implementation, and performance of modern computing systems. Possible
application topics include, but are not limited to:

*Cluster computing			*File systems and storage systems
*Complexity management 		*Distributed caching and replication
*Mobile code				*Mobile/Wireless computing
*Reliability and QoS			*Security and privacy
*Interoperability of heterogeneous systems

Submissions to the General Refereed Sessions Track are due on
November 19, 2001.

FREENIX is a special track within the USENIX Annual Technical
Conference that showcases the latest developments and applications in
freely redistributed technology. The FREENIX track covers the full
range of software and source code including but not limited to
Apache, Darwin, FreeBSD, GNOME, GNU, KDE, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Perl, PHP, Python, Samba, Tcl/Tk and more.

The FREENIX progam committee is looking for papers about projects
with a solid emphasis on nurturing the open source/freely available
software community and talks which advance the state of the art of
freely redistributable software. Areas of interest include, but are
not limited to:

*Cross-platform source portability and binary compatibility
*Free Software development/mgmt	*File system design
*Storage Systems		*Highly scalable and clustered systems
*Security			*System and user management tools
*Quality Assurance		*Large scale system management

Submissions to the Freenix Track are due on November 12, 2001.

Submission guidelines and conference details are available on our
 website: http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix02/cfp/

Join us in developing the best technical conference program of 2002!