[CLUE-Tech] MASSIVE UDP packets?

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Sep 20 21:24:25 MDT 2001

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> I had recently changed my ipchains rules to deny most of the @home
> network (24.0.0.0).

I started thinking about writing down some rules to do what you want, but
without knowing your network setup it became complicated to cover the
possibilities.  It's also pointless to write the rules in isolation from
the rest of your rules because each has to consider those before -
synergies will allow combining rules, conflicts (insynergy? disynergy?)
will require more rules.  NAT (or masquerading) will also play a part.
Seems that iptables may handle that more cleanly.

Maybe this is something we can do at installfests.  Or would that be a
configurefest?