[CLUE-Tech] Installfest [was MASSIVE UDP packets?]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Sep 21 12:23:31 MDT 2001

Dave Anselmi wrote:

> Cyberclops wrote:
>
> > I know I would like an "iptables" firewall set up on my Libranet machine.
>
> That would be fun to do at an installfest.  Perhaps along with portsentry.
>
> Do we have Internet connections at installfests, or is it BYOS (bring your own
> software)?  We should have a hub and a machine with some probing software to
> make sure we get the firewalls right, and show new users what to expect in
> their logs.

Ooooh! An installfest with a "security" theme sounds cool. Bastille,
tripwire, various firewalls, PGP, etc.

I generally feel pretty safe on a dialup, but I'm anxious about that
blessed day in the future when I get a real internet connection. It's
what I *don't* know that scares me.

--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."