[CLUE-Tech] Installfest [was MASSIVE UDP packets?]

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Sep 21 14:53:13 MDT 2001

"Jed S. Baer" wrote:

> Ooooh! An installfest with a "security" theme sounds cool. Bastille,
> tripwire, various firewalls, PGP, etc.

Yeah, it does sound like a cool idea.  One logistical problem would
be ensuring we have some knowledgeable security people there.  There's
a chance that some of the Techangle and tummy.com people might show
up.  I know that Sean Reifschneider was planning to be at our
previously scheduled install fest, but I don't know if he'll be
willing or able to join us next month.

Anyone on this list who feels experienced enough with Linux to help
out at our next install fest (especially if you have experience with
security and firewalling) should contact Mike Benavides at
<events at clue.denver.co.us> to offer your services.  This would
help Mike organize the event and allow him to make a better
determination about whether we could successfully put on a security
focused install fest.

Lynn Danielson