[CLUE-Tech] Installfest [was MASSIVE UDP packets?]

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Sep 21 16:34:14 MDT 2001

Lynn Danielson wrote:

> "Jed S. Baer" wrote:
> >
> > Ooooh! An installfest with a "security" theme sounds cool. Bastille,
> > tripwire, various firewalls, PGP, etc.
>
> Yeah, it does sound like a cool idea.  One logistical problem would
> be ensuring we have some knowledgeable security people there.

;-) That's what *I* was hoping for.

> Anyone on this list who feels experienced enough with Linux to help
> out at our next install fest (especially if you have experience with
> security and firewalling) should contact Mike Benavides at
> <events at clue.denver.co.us> to offer your services.  This would
> help Mike organize the event and allow him to make a better
> determination about whether we could successfully put on a security
> focused install fest.

I guess that depends upon what folks expect to have installed. I could
bring an Oracle-8.1.7 tarball <LOL -- I can't get it installed myself,
for the moment> -- that wasn't meant to be serious. Having never been to
one, I don't know if it's more of "bring what you got, and throw CDs
around", or typically more directed (I'm assuming the latter).

--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."