[CLUE-Tech] Hancom Office - A Commercial KDE Application

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Sep 21 16:52:35 MDT 2001

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> Tim,
>
> That's what I'm currently trying to do: identifying things which I do
> with an office suite that I can do with other apps.  Maybe we could put
> together a document to show others that they don't NEED an office suite,
> but just a mixture of apps that are free with Linux.

Now that's a cool idea. You'd think there'd be some web pages out there
already dealing with that, but I've never seen one specifically targeted
to office suite function replacements. My recent quest for a usable
spreadsheet is a good example of how sometimes using Linux can be just
frustrating.

Certainly, Nautilus comes to mind for the really gooooooooey. Hmmm,
wonder if linuxnewbie.com addresses this?

--
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a
 difference. Free Software developers don't have that problem."