[CLUE-Tech] Open Office

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 10:49:16 MDT 2001

> Another thing that I'll point out is that Sun has announced that the
> next version of StarOffice (6.0 I think) will load as seperate
> components so you won't need to load the whole office suite every
> time
> you want to edit a small document.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to
>
> install seperately, but I would think so.

For those of you interested, you can downloaded beta's of Open Office
(StarOffice)  at www.openoffice.org  I installed it on my Sun at work
and it is much much faster, although currently the documentation is a
bit lacking and it took me a while to figure out how to access anything
other than StarWriter.

Brandon