[CLUE-Tech] Linux on an @Home Cable Modem

Warren warren at guano.org
Thu Sep 27 09:12:32 MDT 2001

Jeffery Cann <jccann at home.com> wrote:

JC> My host name starts with a c, so I used
JC> cxxxx-a for dhcpcd

This is a RH6.2 install and, by default, uses 'pump'.

I'll edit the scripts to use the -h option and see if that works.  If
not, I'll download the latest 'dhcpcd' and try that.

JC> However, @home basically issues static ip addresses and now I simply
JC> use dhcpcd -s 24.6.x.y. to set up eth0.

@home isn't using a very bulletproof system, huh?  We're assigned a
hostname and I'm pretty sure they're not using dynamic dns to assign
addresses to it, so I could just assign it statically.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

JC> What's the exact problem?

Probably my first problem is the startup script isn't using the -h
option.  Other than that, my internal dhcp server assigns it the ip
config information without any trouble.

--

 </W>

 http://guano.org/warren/pgp.txt