[CLUE-Tech] Loki Games

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 01:29:50 MST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Jeremiah Stanley wrote:

> > Try Linux Central, according to their site they have most of the Loki
> > Games in stock.
>
> I did, and they have it. I totally forgot that they existed!

Yeah, I think a lot of people have. There really isn't a good store
for Linux stuff anymore. It's a shame, the community could really use
a place to do cheap CDs of stuff like KDE/GNOME and some of the
non-commercial distros. LinuxCentral hasn't updated their Debian
CDs for several releases.

> But, Ed Hill proffered and I am offering so we'll see. I love this list, I
> always get useful answers out of it!
>
> > LinuxMall.com is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much dead.
> > They're probably at least in a small part responsible for Loki's
> > problems, since they probably didn't pay any balances owed to Loki after
> > they were acquired by Ebiz/JBSI.
>
> Wow, that sucks. What a game of 'little fish gets eaten by big fish' going
> on there. Didn't in the last year they acquire thelinuxstore.com? I guess
> that explains their apparent lack of stock.

Kind of. Basically, LinuxMall.com just had really poor management the last
year before it got taken over. It's a long and sad story -- another company
burned by VC funding and poor management. People spent more time chasing
a little more funding rather than managing the business properly, and
allowing the way the company was run to be heavily influenced by people who
don't know anything about actually running a business.

Ah well...

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/