[CLUE-Tech] SENDMAIL

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Wed Apr 3 15:02:57 MST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Rhet Behler wrote:

> can anyone tell me how i can add the subject of the email that bounced in
> sendmail?
>
> for example lets say i send an email to a recipient and it fails.
>
> right now sendmail just gives me the sends me an email with the address that
> failed.
>
> i want it to give me the subject of the mail along with the email address
> that failed.

I'm using Sendmail v8.11.6, a pretty basic install.  I get the kind of detail
you are seeking.  Have a look at the example below.

Perhaps the 'other end' isn't reporting what you want to your MTA?

If it isn't already apparent, I should state that I'm no Sendmail authority.

	<--BEGIN EXAMPLE MESSAGE-->