[CLUE-Tech] Some RedHat 7.2 questions

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 07:02:45 MST 2002

Okay, I recently installed RH 7.2 at work, and I'm having issues.

First, I was having fun trying to get SSH to work from any other
machine on the LAN, but I got that figured out (changed
/etc/sysconfig/ipchains, and did a restart via /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipchains).

The next thing, and it's a weird one - I had installed Tomcat via RPM, and
was configuring it from a remote machine, when, all of a sudden, oops, no
more connection - so I saunter over to the machine, and see that even though
ssh is running eth0 is now down, and I can't start it. It times out on
resolving DHCP info, which is odd, because it had just worked minutes
before. So I have two major questions about the new and improved RH:

1. Any idea why DHCP would not work now? DHCP server is W2K server, BTW.

2. Where and how do I config static IP in RH? I know an unused IP address
range I can select from, and would like to try that.

Where is the best place to RTFM on RH 7.2?

Thanks,

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome