[CLUE-Tech] Some RedHat 7.2 questions

Michael Robbert mrobbert at MINES.EDU
Fri Apr 5 09:01:16 MST 2002

Sean,
I'm running Tomcat4 on RH 7.1 and I didn't even try to get it to listen
on port 80. Maybe there is another way to run it, but I thought that it
was supposed to be the servlet engine for Apache. So, that would mean
that Apache listens on port 80 and Tomcat listens on 8180 or whatever
other port you choose above 1024. The hard part was getting apache to
send servlet requests to port 8180. These are the lines that I found in
my httpd.conf:

LoadModule webapp_module        modules/mod_webapp.so

Addmodule mod_webapp.c

     WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8180
     WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples
     WebAppInfo /webapp-info

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS