[CLUE-Tech] Good UNIX/Linux primer?

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Fri Apr 5 16:41:21 MST 2002

There are three books I recommend: Linux in a Nutshell, Running Linux,
and Unix Power Tools.

Running Linux starts someone off with some basic stuff.
Linus in a Nutshell would be considered a "reference" book.
Unix Power Tools gives a "complete" approach to how things work together
and is well cross referenced to other subjects. I consider it a "Next
Step" after reading the Running book.

A new one that I've heard is really good is:

The Practice of System and Network Administration

Check out this /. commentary:

http://slashdot.org/books/02/03/18/163247.shtml?tid=156

HTH

KC