[CLUE-Tech] Good UNIX/Linux primer?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Apr 5 15:51:31 MST 2002

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:57:32 -0700
Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc at attbi.com> wrote:

> I was asked a question that stumped me. What is a good UNIX primer? Is
> the"purple" book a good one? Thoughts? The intent for now, anyway, would
> be more to learn tasks that a user/developer would do, and some minimal
> admin tasks, as well.

Hmmm. The only purple book on my shelf is "Learning the Korn Shell" -
O'Reilly, by Bill Rosenblatt. Surely you're not referring to that one? ;-)

How 'bout a link (preferably on Softpro) for this "purple" book. No
dinosaurs, please.

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine