[CLUE-Tech] Netscape keeps dying bring up web pages

David Snyder SnyderD-Lists at snydersweb.com
Sun Apr 7 11:24:12 MDT 2002

Kevin Cullis wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have to keep closing Netscape 4.77 down because I won't bring up web
>pages like it should.  Anyone had similar difficulties and know how to
>fix it?  Or, it brings up the start of a web page and then shows it's
>done.

It there a particular URL or all of them?  You have a URL?  Is this over
http or a static HTML file you're opening?  What happens when you save
the page to a file and open that?  Does NS do a major "CPU Munch" where
it locks the CPU at 100% use?

The old NS 4.77 engine would sometimes take a long while to process and
render a page if it was exceptionally long - there are other conditions
I've seen that may cause that.  Need a bit more detail to intelligently
comment on the problem, otherwise I have no idea and can only speculate.

David