[CLUE-Tech] Netscape keeps dying bring up web pages

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Apr 7 12:08:36 MDT 2002

On Sun, 07 Apr 2002 11:24:12 -0600
David Snyder <SnyderD-Lists at snydersweb.com> wrote:

> Kevin Cullis wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have to keep closing Netscape 4.77 down because I won't bring up web
> >
> It there a particular URL or all of them?  You have a URL?  Is this over
> http or a static HTML file you're opening?  What happens when you save
> the page to a file and open that?  Does NS do a major "CPU Munch" where
> it locks the CPU at 100% use?
>
> The old NS 4.77 engine would sometimes take a long while to process and

And, sometimes the buggy javascript engine will croak in different ways,
including lockups. What happens if you disable javascript and java?
Especially java, IIRC.

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine