[CLUE-Tech] Netscape keeps dying bring up web pages

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Sun Apr 7 13:06:49 MDT 2002

Ah yes, the good 'ol Netscape 4.XX problems!  I sit and code HTML all
day long, so I've seen this plenty of times.  Your problem is sort of with
Netscape, but more with the webpage you're viewing.  I am willing to bet
you $100 that if you view the source of the page that didn't show
anything, but says it's done, that you'll see all of it.  Why you ask?  Well,
Netscape 4.XX has a major flaw if you look at it like I do.  If you forget a
single </table> tag, it won't show the entire page.  It's like it's expecting
to find that tag before it displays anything, and if the tag isn't there, you
won't see a thing.  So, if you check out this code in any newer browser,
and then in Netscape 4.XX, you'll see what I mean:

All versions of IE show this alright, and Mozilla/Netscape 6.X show it fine.
Some people don't consider it a bug though, just a stricter enforcer of
good HTML!

On 04/07/2002 - 10:27, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to keep closing Netscape 4.77 down because I won't bring up
web
> pages like it should.  Anyone had similar difficulties and know how to
> fix it?  Or, it brings up the start of a web page and then shows it's
> done.
>
> KC

				-Mike Staver
				 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com