[CLUE-Tech] Netscape keeps dying bring up web pages

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Sun Apr 7 15:44:14 MDT 2002

Mike Staver wrote:
> Why you ask?  Well,
> Netscape 4.XX has a major flaw if you look at it like I do.

I look at it a different way.

Only if you write CLEAN code will Nutscrape render the page.  [IOW, the
coder needs to play nice with the standards.]  Other browsers that
render garbage code are the ones with the problem thus allowing anyone
with only half a clue to create an HTML file to be displayed on the Web.

> If you forget a
> single </table> tag, it won't show the entire page.

This is usually the exact solution to the problem.  You should probably
write the Webmaster for the site and mention it to them - I almost
always do and the offending Webmaster is usually quite appreciative!

Steve

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW
    Web Site Design, Development, and More!