[CLUE-Tech] Apache Web Server and VB code

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Apr 8 23:14:32 MDT 2002

* Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier (jbrockmeier at earthlink.net) wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Mickey Keenan wrote:
> The only way that M$ is going to start treating its
> customers (including developers) like customers is for
> people to say "no thanks" when they try to shove something
> like this down their throats. If enough techies tell their
> employers that they don't like using M$ -- and the reasons
> why -- maybe some companies will seriously consider
> migrating away from M$.
>
> Yeah, yeah... I know, I'm an idealist. But as long as people
> continue to suck it up because "everyone else is doing
> it" we'll be saddled with Microsoft.

I whole-heartedly agree.  As is painfully try to get Windows working
again on my mother-in-laws computer, I am reassured yet again that I
will never be buying another copy of Windows as long as I live.

However, unless the Justice Department does something about the illegal
and very difficult to get around OEM Windows liscensing, I think that M$
will rule the PC forever.  Their contracts with OEMs are *the* reason
they have a monopoly in Windows, IMHO.  The average computer user will
never install an operating system, nor will they ever even upgrade an
operationg system.  They will use whatever OS came on the PC, forever.
And right now, MS virtually guarantees that that OS is Windows.

Tim