[CLUE-Tech] Setting System Time

Warren warren at guano.org
Thu Apr 11 22:48:10 MDT 2002

Dave Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

 > Did you check the hw clock in the cmos setup when you start the
 > machine? If it isn't local time, change it there.

When I first built the machine, it was on East Coast time.  I didn't
reset it when I moved it to a colo facility out here.  But, wouldn't
'hwclock --systohc --localtime' set the clock the first time it ran?

I'm wondering if I should set the hardware clock to UTC, instead.

 > You seem to have covered all the bases, if that isn't it you might
 > try looking for startup or shutdown scripts that set things
 > differently (is the machine always up when cron.daily runs?)

Yes, it's always up.

 --

 </W>