[CLUE-Tech] Setting System Time

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Apr 11 22:23:54 MDT 2002

Warren wrote:

> I'm getting wrapped around the axle trying to solve a simple problem,
> setting system time.
>
> When I type 'date', I get the correct system time, e.g., as of this
> writing:
>
>   [root at mail /root]# date
>   Thu Apr 11 19:48:02 MDT 2002
>
> But, when I edit or create a file, the timestamp is 6 hours in the
> future:

Did you check the hw clock in the cmos setup when you start the machine?
If it isn't local time, change it there.  You seem to have covered all the
bases, if that isn't it you might try looking for startup or shutdown
scripts that set things differently (is the machine always up when
cron.daily runs?)