[CLUE-Tech] Setting System Time

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu Apr 11 21:25:43 MDT 2002

Warren wrote:

Your clock is 6 hours off because we're 6 hours away from UTC right now
(http://nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java).

With that being the case, you need to check why there's the difference,
probably between setting the clock and what is displayed in local
time/zone. My guess if it's 6 hours in the future it is because you have
a gap between local time and UTC, between displayed and written (to your
system).  Does your clock state the correct time, i.e. local time?  Or
is it only when writing files?

Let me know how it works out, I'm eager to learn more.

Kevin