[CLUE-Tech] Orbitz and Linux

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Fri Apr 12 16:09:04 MDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:13:30PM -0600, Randy Arabie wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Jeffery Cann wrote:
>
> > Mix Linux, Java, LISP --> competitive advantage for Orbitz.
> > http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=2286/new1015626014044/index.html
>
> That's a really cool story...a great example for Linux advocacy.

I hesitated before posting this, but aren't we each allowed one
off-topic (or strained-tie-in) per calendar year?

A few years ago there was a company named Orbitz that put out "natural
fruit drinks" with a kind of 50's retro look to them.  They were in
clear glass bottles with floating balls of flavor suspended in the
liquid.  I had bought a bottle with intentions to give to a friend as a
kind of joke.  To this day, I've got an unopened bottle of Orbitz in my
liquor cabinet.
Doesn't it look delicious: http://augustcouncil.com/~tgibson/orbitzpic.jpg

The back label even includes the http://www.orbitz.com/ URL.
-TAG

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:49:19 -0600
From: Steve Fry <steve at ir3w.com>
To: clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Tech] Fwd:Re:Fwd:Re:CLUE-Tech Orbitz and Linux
Sender: clue-tech-admin at clue.denver.co.us

Regarding Orbitz, this is what a friend of mine who works there had to
say in response to this thread.