[CLUE-Tech] IBM eServer Cluster 1300 - A Scalable Linux Solution

Mike Benavides tipsrules99 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 12 12:55:58 MDT 2002

This is some of IBM first bench marks and I would like some input from
some of our database guru's.
On how the Clustered DB2 seems to be Scaling on the Intel platform. As
compared to Oracle Clustered Solution. And Microsoft SQL.Server on
WulfPack... Please give me some input...

Mike Benavides

Here are the results:

Enterprise web applications require servers to support very large number
of users with fast response times. IBM eServer Cluster 1300 is a
high-performance, inexpensive, rack-mounted, centrally managed
integrated system that scales well across servers in the cluster.

This paper presents the results of a benchmark test conducted on a
58-node Cluster 1300 system, simultaneously running eight instances of
e-Business Trade 2 benchmark tests on Redhat Linux. This all-IBM
solution mounted in only three racks supported 800,000 users, serving an
unprecedented 12,547 requests/sec with an average response time of 0.27
sec/request. The benchmark testing was conducted using IBM?s Trade 2
J2EE e-Business benchmark running WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and
Edge server, IBM HTTP server, J2EE, and DB2 Universal Database on the
xSeries hardware. IBM?s Cluster System Management (CSM) software
provided a single point of control to manage the entire cluster.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/articles/cluster_1300.html